gets your audience to respond. In the way you want. In a fresh, memorable way that not only gets you noticed, but gets people taking action.
This is a formal request to all small business owners: Please look beyond your default Windows fonts when you create your logo, signage, business cards, label, or yellow pages ad.
You only get one chance to set yourself apart...
And if I see one more Indian or Vietnamese restaurant using Papyrus on their sign I'm going to hurl my pho all over the place. Seriously.
There is no reason to limit yourself to Tahoma, Verdana, or Book Antiqua.
And God save your soul if you use Comic Sans for anything other than, you know, a really bad comic.
I mean, even Papyrus doesn't use papyrus.
Simple suggestion: go to Staples or Office Depot and pick up one of those font packs. Or go online and look for some new free fonts. Please!
See any bad examples of Papyrus in action? Post em to our facebook page.
Most Recent Blog Posts
- Kinetic Type on TV by Dom on Feb 1st
- My At&T DSL Nightmare by Dom on Nov 18th
- Design while you sleep. by Dom on Jul 14th
- Bad pictures ruin good meals by Dom on Apr 2nd
- Click the logo! by Dom on Mar 7th
- Please no more Papyrus by Dom on Feb 1st
- Is email marketing good for... by Dom on Sep 10th
- More portfolio ethics. by Dom on Sep 4th
- Portfolio ethics by Dom on Sep 3rd
- Brand perceptions > ad... by Dom on Sep 3rd
- Small business. Bad websites. by Dom on Aug 29th
- Seven tips for small business... by Dom on Aug 21st
- Graphic Design 101: The Real... by Dom on Aug 20th
- How to evaluate a possible gig by Dom on Aug 20th
- Do a little extra for your... by Dom on Aug 1st
- Leave 'em wanting more by Dom on Aug 1st
- It's who knows you by Dom on Aug 1st